transparent_line
Malorita district
executive committee
(
fotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_image
Menu
h_line_delimetr
History

The territory of the modern Malorita district was occupied by primitive persons in IX-VIII centuries B.C. The first mentions about inhabited localities appeared in the "Description of borders between Grand Lithuanian Duchy and Polish Corona in 1564".

In 1566 the first mention about Malorita (the royal village Small Rita) appeared in the Act of census of the Berestye Starostwo.

For the time of existence the Malorita land saw a lot of events. Here are the main of them:

September, 1769 – Alexandr Suvorov’ triumph over polish rebels under the command of brother Pulavskie under the village Orekhovo.
1862 - opening of people’s college in Malorita.
1878 - began a traffic on the Brest-Kiev railway.
1887 - one of the biggest at that time Chernianskiy glass factory puts on the market its product.
September, 1915 – March, 1918 – occupation of the district by the troops of Kaiser Germany.
September, 1920 – the soldiers of the armoured train "Kommuna-56", operating in the structure of the West front, made a feat.
1921-1939 - the territory of Malorita district went to the structure of Poland as a result of the Riga peace treaty.
September, 28, 1939 - entering of the Red Army troops in Malorita.
1940 - formation of the Malorita district.
June, 1941–July, 1944 – the Malorita district is occupied by German-fascist troops.
After a release of the territory from German-fascist invaders the population of Malorita began to reestablish public facilities.

The Malorita district took a place in the south of Brest region, on its outlying districts, where the borders of Belarus, the Ukraine and Poland come together. The history ordered so, that a formation of the Malorita district preceded the event of a great importance - a reunification of the West Belarus. The Malorita district was formed at January, 1940.

There is no reason to speak about individual development of the district before 1940. In fact here was a desolate and retarded land at that time. As the whole West Belarus, the present Malorita district in the structure of Rzecz Pospolita was turned to a semi-colonial supplement to the bourgeois Poland.

In 1939 in Malorita gmina 5 schools functioned, education was conducted only in polish language. 2 libraries with a poor literature choice were opened in Malorita. There were no clubs, cinemas, people’s houses. A possibility for development of culture and people’s talents appeared by inhabitants of the Malorita district after September, 1939.

January 15, 1940 the Malorita district was included in the structure of Brest region. Effective measures were taken on liquidations of economic and cultural backwardness: was spent a nationalization of industrial and trade enterprises, liquidated a landowner ground’s property. The whole system of measures on preparation of teachers was realized. 28 schools, a hospital, a polyclinic, a drugstore were opened in the district. However there was not much time for arrangement of a new life. This national development broke a war.

The Hitler forces burnt 20 villages and settlements. More than five with half thousand inhabitants were lost. At 20th, July, 1944 the forces of the first Belarusian front together with guerrillas released Malorita. After liberation in a short space of time all prewar structures, organizations, enterprises, rural Councils were restored.

In 1959 the population of Malorita made only 3,4 thousand inhabitants. This year for the first time a postwar general plan of Malorita was developed. At 25th, December, 1962 the district was liquidated and formed again at 6th, January, 1965.

In December, 1970 Malorita became a status of the town of regional submission.

The biggest wealth of the district is its inhabitants. Malorita is a native land of the known painter Nikolay Seleshchuk, the champion of the world, Europe and the Olympic games Leonid Taranenko, the Silver prizewinner of the Olympic games in 1980 Petr Pochinchuk, the author of verse, stories collection Stepan Krivalya and Aleksey Filatov.

 
Contact
Malorita district
executive committee
225903, Malorita, Krasnoarmeyskaya str., 1,
e-mail: malorrik@brest.by
h_line_delimetr
Banner
Banner
Malorita district
executive committee
225903, Malorita, Krasnoarmeyskaya str., 1,
e-mail: malorrik@open.by
Web-site elaboration by
the BRMUE "Centre of Inculcation of Scientific and Technical Researches"
Kamenets Brest Malorita Zhabinka Pruzhany Kobrin Bereza Drogichin Ivatsevichi Ivanovo Baranovichi Liahovichi Gantsevichi Pinsk Luninets Stolin